Wednesday, February 27, 2019

The captain of Real Madrid Sergio Ramos charged for procuring yellow card deliberately

Sergio Ramos

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos was charged by UEFA for deliberately receiving a yellow card in the match against Ajax in the Champions League to serve a suspension before the quarter-finals.


Defender Ramos was booked on February 13 in the 89th minute of Madrid's 2-1 victory in Amsterdam, which meant that he would miss the second leg of the last-16 tie at the Bernabeu.

Ramos was quoted speaking immediately after the match as saying he "would lie" if he deliberately refused to earn the booking.

However, Ramos later used social media to emphasize that it was not intended to collect a caution, but to deliberately give a free kick to prevent an Ajax equalizer.

UEFA initiated a disciplinary investigation and confirmed that Ramos was charged under Article 15 on Tuesday evening. Ramos was booked on Kasper Dolberg of Ajax for a foul.

If found guilty when the UEFA Control handles the case, 28 February Ethics and Disciplinary Body, A prolonged suspension could punish Ramos.

Geoffrey Kondogbia, a midfielder of Valencia, was recently granted a two-game ban by UEFA after being ruled to be cautious during the Europa League win at Celtic.

Ramos also interviewed the Spanish newspaper Marca to deny any wrongdoing once again.

"I'm very surprised about all this.  I was referring to forcing the foul, It was an inevitable foul. Not to forcing the booking," Ramos Said.

Asked whether he knew that the foul would lead to a yellow card and a ban, he said, "Yes, but I had no choice." 

"In the 88th minute, it was a very dangerous counter-attack, with an open match and tie. "

"That's why I said I'd lie if I said I didn't know I had a penalty, Just as I knew I had no choice but to make a wrong.  And that's what I meant when I said you have to make difficult decisions in football."

Ramos said more: "In the group stage match against Roma, I could do it if I wanted to force a penalty, Because we were already classified as the first of the groups and the last game was inconsistent against CSKA. By the way, I didn't play in that match."

1 comment: